Wednesday, February 27, 2008

<3 <3 <3


Five years ago, today, DJ and I met. We were both freshmen at ISU. I remember walking up the stairs of Farmhouse, and seeing him at the top. I noticed immediately how tall he was. So, naturally, I commented on his friend's Zwan hat. The next thing I know, DJ and I are sitting in a random hallway talking. I remember thinking how cool it was that he was from St. Louis, because I didn't know anyone from there. He told me about his band, and I loved that he played guitar. We figured out that he was rushing the fraternity across the street from my sorority. I dubbed him my "little brother", which looking back, is kind of gross. All of a sudden, my DD was there so I had to go. We were both stupid and shy so we just said bye. I went back to my dorm and my friend Lauren Park was up. I told her all about my night and how I met this really cool guy, and it turned out she knew him! So we immediately drunk dial him, and the rest is history. Our first date was at Chatters. I was so nervous that he would think I was a nerd. I started hanging out at the TKE house, and had so much fun with him. He was really funny and nice. He remembered little things I liked. I left for an alternative spring break trip, and we talked almost everyday. I immediately missed him after a couple weeks.


We became "official" in the TKE basement. We took each other to our formals, date events, etc. I was so sad when the summer came, and we each had to go home. Whenever I think of ISU, I think of DJ. He was so much apart of all the good times. I'll always remember our last summer, when we both lived in Normal. We watched each other graduate. We were both apart of each others senior years.


I love thinking that he was my first serious boyfriend, and my last. I love that he's my best friend. I love that gives me the best advice, and can always make me laugh. He knows me better than anyone else. I never thought I would meet the person I'm going to marry when I was 18, but I did. The last 2 years have been really hard, living in different areas. But I can't wait for the future when we can look back and laugh about our stupid fights.


One big part of our relationship is music. He's so talented at playing guitar and finding the perfect song for us. There are so many songs that remind me of him, and here are a couple:

"Tiny Dancer" covered by Ben Folds
"Throw Your Arms Around Me" covered by Pearl Jam
"A Lonely September" Plain White T's (that's definitely a sad one)
"Wouldn't It Be Nice" Beach Boys
"Everlong" Foo Fighters
"My Lover's Prayer" Otis Redding


Anyway, enough corny stuff. DJ sent me flowers at work last week WHICH I LOVED! So, Happy Anniversary to Us!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Aww!! So sweet! The flowers were gorgeous and it was so nice to see someone in the office get flowers!

I remember the TKE house!!

Happy anniversary!

HasNE1seenSam said...

Awww...that's so cute! I love that you and DJ are still together...and I miss my Masstastic!! I haven't seen you in for ev er!

Kristen said...

HI SAM! I miss you! I will definitely call you the next time I'm in town. Me and Sara and Valdez were talking about taking a trip down there for a night. We can go to Mulligans! mmmm