Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Today, I had to force myself to relax. I usually use my weekends to get done all the little errands and chores that I don't get to during the week. While most people can do that normally, I get way too anal about it. A normal person might do 2-3 errands on a Saturday. If I don't do at least 10 things, I feel like it's been a waste. So every now and then, I have to relax and enjoy my free time. This morning, I slept in, finished a book, went back to sleep, cooked a delicious lunch, watched a lot of reality TV, and played with the puppy. I wasn't a complete bum, though: I organized my notes for my exam in 2 weeks, picked up my room, and a few other little things around the apartment. It was so nice to read; I forgot how obsessed I am with books. I read this great mystery that was just like "The DaVinci Code", except the subject was Shakespeare. I'm starting a new Harlan Coben book tonight. I even got to practice some flute today. My mouth was hurting after about 10 minutes. I really need to play about 3-4 times a week if I'm going to be strong enough for the wedding. Time to walk Izzy and get ready for next week.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

...what wedding? Just curious...BTW, long time no speak...give me a call sometime (since you're the busier one). Hope all is well!

Kristen said...

I'm standing up my in friends' wedding: Lizzie and Ron. And I'm playing a flute solo when they light their unity candle. I'm so nervous! I will fo sho call you soon, I've been crazy busy with work, school, etc. Miss you! Say hi to Nick!

Unknown said...

Good luck with the flute practice. You will be great! I'm thinking (casually) of taking up the violin again...I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever! Call me when you get a chance...I might be calling DJ soon since I may have more business for him (from the University of Viginia). Anyways, take care!