Sunday, March 16, 2008

I like boys from Canada

My favorite band of all time is the Barenaked Ladies (BNL).

They are simply amazing. They were the first band that actually made me stop and think about their lyrics. I've seen them 9 times in concert, and I can't wait till their next adult album comes out (they have a kid's one out soon, which I heard is amazing!). This is a great example of how talented they are.

BNL are seriously hilarious. Like, pee-your-pants funny. Example: "Enid" is a harsh break-up song....

I can get a job
I can pay the phone bills
I can cut the lawn cut my hair
Cut out my cholesterol
I can work overtime
I can work in a mine
I can do it all for you
But I don't want to

Oh, and by the way, the break-up happened in the 7th grade: she was his older babysitter who has no idea he even liked her.

They have a greatest hits album. Usually, these types of albums are lame. But theirs is really great, and an awesome way to get introduced to the band. And that's my musical 2 cents for the week.

No comments: