Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I de-stress....

by shopping. Seriously.

If I'm stressed, sad, angry, or feeling not-so-cute, shopping always cheers me up. Usually it's clothes, shoes, purses, books, or art prints.

But obviously I can't spend loads of money everyday due to a small amount of money. So where do I go to calm down and slowly roam the aisles?

Goodwill. No matter what, no matter where, I am always in the mood to go thrifting. There is nothing better than walking overcrowded aisles of junk, trying to maneuver around deaf old woman, and try not to touch any sticky items.

So I went to the Goodwill in Oakbrook Terrace today after work. Here's my haul:
-Three hardcover books (one being a copy of The Stepford Wives from the 70s)
-Two boxes of brand new Christmas cards that are seriously so cute
-A vintage, ceramic owl bank that's orange and yellow and brown

Total price = $5

Even though I'm way over the whole "go green" movement, I do feel that I'm helping by recycling other people's possessions. Another bonus: stimulating our awful economy.

It's a win-win.


2 comments:

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

I totally need to visit there more. There's one like 3 miles from my house. Thanks for the reminder!

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Kristen! One blog in 2 months does not a blogger make! What's up in your life-blogs, blogs!!