Monday, November 19, 2007

Interview

How and why did you choose your major and profession in public health?
In high school, I really enjoyed my health class. I loved my teacher, Mazz, and all the fun activities we did. It was the first subject, besides music, that I really excelled in and enjoyed. When I applied to Illinois State University, I didn't know if I would study music performance or health. I took classes in both and ended up deciding on public health; I always figured I could go back to music as a second job or hobby. And I'm really happy with my choice! I always knew I'd pick a 'helping' career. I love to answer people's questions and help them change their lives for the better.

What do you like best about your job?
I love being in schools and answering student's questions. I feel so happy when I explain to a classroom why certain behaviours are risky, or why you can't wear two condoms at once. I know it sounds funny, but it's true! Hopefully those little facts will help keep someone healthy and safe.

What is something you do in your spare time that would surprise those who know you?
I love to watch movies, especially scary ones. The ironic thing is, they really do scare me; as in, I get nightmares, and I have to cover my eyes through half of it. But I love the suspense and the feeling of being scared. It's definately connected to my love for Halloween!

On any given night, what is a typical dinner for you?
Definately something frozen: pizza, pizza rolls, etc. Usually pizza rolls. And then a side dish: potatoe chips, cookies, etc. I have a really bad diet :( I've been trying to make actual meals lately, it's just really tough.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years, I will be 28 years old. I will hopefully be a newlywed, and maybe pregnant? That would be nice, but not neccessary. I'll probably be living in a new town/state, so obviously with a different job. I'd eventually like to work with either the GLBTQ or college population. I will definately have a dog, maybe a puppy that I could train.

Now it's your turn. If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment including the words "Interview me." I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don't have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 comment:

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Haha! I love how you say you'll have a new job "obviously" in 5 years...so TPC isn't long term for you, eh?? :) so funny!